Riding a superbike becomes more thrilling and adventurous than cars. You are totally outside, feel like more connected to the surroundings when you are on a bike. At the same time no one ever like slowness while riding bikes. Followings are 10 fastest bikes in the world.
Ducati 1098S, 169 miles per hour
Ducati 1098S is one of fastest and most selling bikes in the world. The 1099cc engine with 160 HP power help to attain the maximum speed of 169 miles per hour, with the highest torque to weight ratio. The massive use of racing components and weight saving technologies also can see within Ducati 1098S. It is the lightest and fastest superbike from the company with much impressive suspension.
- 1099 cc liquid cooled L-Twin cylinder engine.
- Marelli electronic fuel injection.
- 6-speed transmission and dry multiple clutch with hydraulic transmission.
- Maximum power: 160 HP @9750 rpm.
- Maximum torque : 123 Nm@8000 rpm.
- Maximum speed : 169 miles per hour.
- 0 to 100 kmph : 3.2 second.
- Front brakes : 2*330 mm discs 4 piston calipers.
- Rear brakes : Single 245 mm disc 2 piston caliper
BMW K 1200S, 174 miles per hour
A hyper-sports touring bike from BMW. It has an 1157 cc 16 valve 4 cylinder engine, which generate power of 164 HP @ 10250 rpm. The bike can reach a maximum speed of 174 miles per hour. It also has revolutionary suspensions and best brakes for stopping bike safely from blazing speed. It also have very good design and look just like cars from the brand.
- 1157 cc DOHC, 16 valve 4 cylinder engine.
- 6-speed manual transmission.
- Maximum power : 164 HP @ 10250 rpm.
- Maximum speed : 129 Nm@8250 rpm.
- Maximum speed : 174 miles per hour.
- 0-100 kmph : 3 second.
- Front brakes: 2*320mm disc with 4 piston calipers.
- Rear brakes: single 265mm disc with two-piston caliper.
Aprilia RSV 1000R Mille, 175 miles per hour
The fastest superbike from Aprilia company. It features a 998cc V-twin engine, produce 141.13 hp @ 10000 rpm. This superbike can cross 0 to 140 kmpr in just 10 second. The top speed of Aprilia RSV 1000R Mille is 175 miles per hour. The bike also has stunning design and best quality seat.
- 998cc four stroke 60 degree, V-Twin engine.
- Liquid cooled cooling system.
- Multi-plate clutch and 6-speed transmission.
- Maximum power: 141.13 hp@10000 rpm.
- Maximum torque : 107 Nm@5500 rpm.
- Maximum speed : 175 miles per hour.
MV Agusta F4 1000R, 184 miles per hour
MV Augusta F4 1000 R is the second series of F4 1000 from Italian manufacturer Agusta. It is a limited edition superbike from the company. The bike has 1000cc 16 radical valves liquid cooled engine. It can produce a maximum power of 174 HP and max torque of 115 Nm @10000 rpm. MV Augusta F4 1000 R can reach 0-100 kmph in 3.1 second and it’s top speed is 184 miles per hour.
- 998cc, 4 cylinder 16 radical valves, DOHC liquid-cooled engine.
- Macimum Power:174 HP
- Maximum Torque: 115 Nm @10000 rpm.
- 6-speed transmission.
- Top speed : 184 miles per hour.
- Front brakes : Dual 320mm disc with 4 piston radical caliper.
- Rear brakes:Single 220 mm disc with 2 piston radical caliper.
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R, 186 miles per hour
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R can cross 0 to 100 kmph in just 2.7 seconds and it’s maximum speed is 186 miles per hour. ZX-14R features a 1441 cc four valve liquid cooled engine. This superbike can produce a maximum power of 108 kW@ 10,500 rpm. For a decade bikes from Ninja series remained in the first position within the list of fastest bikes in the world.
- 1441 cc four valve liquid cooled engine.
- 6 speed transmission and wet multi-disc clutch.
- Maximum power : 108 kW@ 10,500 rpm.
- Maximum torque:162.50 Nm@11000 rpm.
- Top speed : 186 miles per hour.
- 0 to 100 kmph : 2.7 second.
- 0 to 200 kmph : 7.2 second.
- Front brakes : 2*310 petal discs, 4 piston calipers.
- Rear brakes : single 250 mm petal disc, 2 piston caliper.
Yamaha YZF R1, 186 miles per hour
Most impressive superbike from Japanese manufacturer Yamaha. The first bike from this popular series came out in 1998. Now 2015 edition Yamaha R1 officially unveiled. New YZF R1 features 998 cc, liquid-cooled, 16-valve DOHC, in-line-four-cylinder, engine. It produces a maximum power of 197 HP @13500 rpm. The top speed of new Yamaha YZF R1 recorded at 186 miles per hour.
- 998 cc, liquid-cooled, 16-valve DOHC, in-line-four-cylinder, engine
- Fuel injection, 6-speed transmission.
- Maximum power :197 HP @13500 rpm.
- Maximum torque : 112.4 Nm@11500 rpm.
- Top speed : 186 miles per hour.
- Feature MotoGp inspired electronic package for high performance.
- Standard traction control, quick launcher and advanced ABS system.
- Front Brakes : 320 mm hydraulic dual discs.
- Rear Brakes : 220 mm hydraulic single disc.
Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird, 190 miles per hour
Honda CBR1100XX is the fastest sports tourer motorbike from Honda till now. The superbikes from this series manufactured between 1996 and 2007. In 1997, Honda CBR1100XX held the title of the fastest production motorcycle by defeating the legendary Kawasaki ZX-11. It can hit a top speed of 190 miles per hour with a power of 152 HP ,1137 cc engine. The dual counter balancer shaft provide exceptional smoothness for this bike.
- 1137cc, four-stroke, inline-4 engine.
- 6 speed transmission.
- Maximum power: 152 HP.
- Maximum Torque:119 Nm@7250 rpm.
- Top speed : 190 miles per hour.
- Twin balance shaft for exceptional smoothness.
- Front brakes : 310 dual dics with 3 piston calipers.
- Rear Brakes : 256 mm single dics with 3 piston caliper.
Kawasaki Ninja H2R, Over 220 miles per hour
The hypersport Kawasaki Ninja H2R is the fastest superbike in the Ninja series. The 300 H.P supercharged Ninja H2R can hit over 220 miles per hour. This unbelievably powerful machine features 998 cc supercharged DOHC inline-4 engine. Kawasaki also used trellis frame for the first time on Ninja H2R. It provides strength and better control to the bike. Inspired by MotoGp and F1 racers, Kawasaki also included dog-ring transmission which provides fast, smooth shifting.
- 998 cc supercharged DOHC inline-4 engine with 300 H.P power.
- 6-speed dog-ring transmission.
- Highly efficient Kawasaki supercharger to acquire incredible acceleration.
- World-class KYB racing suspension.
- Maximum Power : 310hp@14000rpm.
- Maximum Torque : 156 Nm@12500rpm.
- Top speed : Over 220 miles per hour.
- Front Brakes : 2*330 mm , dual-semi floating, radial mount dics with 4 piston calipers.
- Rear Brakes : 250 mm single disc with opposed 2 piston calipers
MTT Turbine Superbike Y2K, 227 miles per hour
Recognized as ‘the most powerful production bike’ by Guinness book of world records. It is a wheel-driven superbike that is powered by a turboshaft engine. This Y2K superbike has been designed to extract the heat energy from the exhaust and convert it as output power. It features Rolls-Royce 250-C18 turboshaft engine that produce a maximum power of 320 HP @ 52000 rpm. The top speed of Y2K superbike has been recorded at 227 miles per hour.
- The Y2K turbine suprbike is produced on demand.
- Features Rolls-Royce 250-C18 turboshaft engine.
- 2-speed semi-automatic transmission.
- Maximum power : 320 HP@52000 rpm.
- Maximum Torque : 576.5 Nm@2000rpm.
- Top speed : 227 miles per hour.
- Front Brakes : 2*320 mm dics with 4 piston brembo calipers.
- Rear Brakes : Single 320 mm disc with 4 piston caliper.
Suzuki Hayabusa, 248 miles per hour
Named after the Japanese name of Peregrine Falcon, the fastest bird in the world which flies at a speed of 203 mph. At a top speed of 248 miles per hour, the Suzuki Hayabusa could even beat the Peregrine falcon. It is the fastest yet superbike from Suzuki. The ultimate Hayabusa superbike features a 1397 cc four-cylinder 16 valves, liquid cooled engine that produce power of 197HP@6750 rpm.
- 1340cc, four-stroke, DOHC, 4-cylinder 16 valves engine.
- 6-speed constant mesh transmission.
- Maximum power:197 hp@9500 rpm.
- Maximum Torque : 155 Nm@7200 rpm.
- Top speed : 248 miles per hour.
- 0 to 60 mph : 2.5 seconds.
- Idle Speed Control System to keep engine stable in different conditions
- Advanced fuel injection system from Suzuki for high combustion efficiency.
- Front Brakes : 2*310 mm discs, Brambo, monobloc radial-mount calipers.
- Rear Brakes : Single 260 mm disc with Tokico caliper.
Dodge Tomahawk, 420 miles per hour
At top speed of 420 mph, the Dodge Tomahawk is the world’s fastest bike ever produce. This ultimate superbike was unveiled by Dodge in 2003. It is very limited and reportedly only 9 bikes has been sold yet. Dodge Tomahawk features 8.3 liter, V-10 SRT 10 Dodge Viper engine. It can produce a maximum power of 500 HP. Unlike other superbikes, Dodge Tomahawk is a four-wheeled bike – two front wheels and two rear wheels. Surprisingly, Tomahawk bike could cross 0 to 60 mile in just 1.5 seconds.
- 8.3 liter, V-10 SRT 10 Dodge Viper engine
- 2-speed manual transmission
- Maximum power : 500 hp@5600 rpm.
- Torque: 712 Nm@4200 rpm.
- Top speed :420 miles per hour.
- 0 to 60 miles : 2.5 second.
- Rear brakes: Dual 508 mm 16 piston discs.
- Front brakes: single 508 mm 8 piston discs.